Tier 1 (Investors) Visas
People Seeking Visa

"InvestForVisas made the process really easy and helped us to negotiate each hurdle. We would warmly recommend them to anybody who is looking for an opportunity to invest and live in the UK."

12 + 3 =

Tier 1 (Investors)

Are you from outside the EEA or Switzerland and looking to invest in the UK?  Do you have access to £2,000,000 to invest?  If so, this could be the visa for you.  If you meet the eligibility requirements listed below please call us on 0330 053 6790 for further details on how Investorsforvisas can assist you through your visa application.  


You can apply for a Tier 1 (Investor) visa if:

  • you want to invest £2,000,000 or more in the UK
  • you’re from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland
  • you meet the other eligibility requirements

You must have access to at least £2,000,000 in investment funds to apply.

Length of Stay

The visa allows you to stay in the UK for a maximum of 3 years and 4 months.  You can apply to extend this by a further 2 years.

You can apply for settlement (known as ‘indefinite leave to remain’) once you have been in the UK for 2 years if you invest £10 million or after 3 years if you invest £5 million.

What you can and can’t do

You can:

  • invest £2,000,000 or more in UK government bonds, share capital or loan capital in active and trading UK registered companies
  • work or study
  • apply to settle after 2 years if you invest £10 million
  • apply to settle after 3 years if you invest £5 million

You can’t:

  • invest in companies mainly engaged in property investment, property management or property development
  • work as a professional sportsperson or sports coach
  • get public funds

You also can’t work as a doctor or dentist in training unless certain conditions are met.


  • You must have access to at least £2,000,000 investment funds to apply for a Tier 1 (Investor) visa. 
  • Your funds must be held in a regulated financial institution and free to spend in the UK.
  • Your money can be in the UK or overseas at the time of application.

In addition you must also:

  • be at least 18 years of age
  • have opened a UK bank account
  • be able to prove that the money belongs to either you or your husband, wife, unmarried or same-sex partner

Having at least £2,000,000 of your own money to invest in the UK, and:

  • evidence of how much money you have
  • evidence of where the money is held
  • proof that you've had the money for longer than 3 months OR;
  • proof of how you obtained the money
  • proof that the money is available to spend in the UK


Having at least £2,000,000 of your partner's money, and:

  • proof that you are married or in a civil partnership OR;
  • proof that you have been in a relationship for more than 2 years
  • a statement of your partner's permission for you to invest the money in the UK AND;
  • a statement from a solicitor that your partner's statement of permission is legally valid.

For more information about which Tier Visa matches your requirements please call on 0330 053 6790. Our lines are open Monday 9 am to Friday 5 pm. Additionally, complete the contact form in the left column and we will be in touch.