Greece is home of one of the oldest civilizations in Europe and is rich in cultural artifacts and historical sights. It has a booming tourism industry. Greece is a full member of the EU, so residents can enjoy fully free movement within the Schengen Area and free trade within the EU.
Greek residency is available to investors through two main routes. Firstly, purchasing property in Greece with a value of at least € 250,000. Secondly, through making a strategic investment of at least €5,000,000 or creating at least 150 new jobs.
Greek residency is granted to individuals (and their families) purchasing property in Greece with a value of at least € 250,000. This must be reapplied for every five years and is dependent on the investor retaining ownership of the property or a new property of equal or greater value.
Strategic Investment provides the benefit of residency for 10 years and requires investment in the construction, reconstruction, modernization or maintenance of existing infrastructure, facilities and networks within a number of specified sectors and meeting one of the following conditions:
- Strategic investment of over €100,000,000
- Strategic investment of over €15,000,000 in an industrial zone or €3,000,000 in the JESSICA fund context
- Strategic investment of over €40,000,000 and create 120 new employment positions
- At least 150 new employment positions are created from the investment in a viable manner or at least 600 jobs are retained
- Strategic investment of over €5,000,000 for the development of business parks
After seven years of continued residency, an individual is eligible to apply for permanent residency or Greek Citizenship.